A unique water based salt solution, which degreases and cleans the heaviest soiled concrete surfaces like new. It works by penetrating the pores and releasing the trapped dirt inside. That way, after rinsing with water, the loosened grime washes off, leaving the original masonry surface clean, hard and intact. It also deposits a fine frosting which when sealed with our SKID SAFE and Aggregate will ensure the proper adhesion of SKID SAFE Water Based Sealer/Finish. Our Aggregate will create TRUE TRACTION - a non slip surface without affecting the aesthetics of the concrete, dyes, or paints. Use Concrete Bond & Clean to clean all unsealed concrete surfaces: - garages and driveways - sidewalks and walkways - warehouses and other indoor/outdoor concrete areas - dirty walls, and even whole buildings - removes all chewing gum stains after chewing gum is removed from sidewalks and concrete. Concrete Bond and Clean is very easy to use straight from the container without the need for scrubbing! The spread rate will range from 150 sq. ft.-250 sq.ft. per gallon.
This innovative product is far less costly to use than shot blasting as commonly used on concrete, and it is more effective and safer than toxic, acid based products that etch and damage cleaned surfaces. This product does not contain Hydrofluoric acid, Hydrochloric acid, Muriatic acid or Sodium Hydroxide as some other products do. Concrete Bond and Clean also creates perfect adhesion for Skid Safe Water Based Sealer/Finish (ASTM C 1028 Dry: COF=.81; Wet: COF = .77) as applied on any type of slick surface for the purpose of providing very high slip resistance, and or, traction (when fine aggregate is added to the fresh application of SKID SAFE). Use our Super Bond and Clean to create proper adhesion of SKID SAFE to all ceramic tile floors and walls, use Concrete Bond and Clean before sealing any unsealed concrete.
Adjacent areas must be properly protected when using this product. Though harmless to most building surfaces, the damage Concrete Bond & Clean causes to glass, soft metal is considered permanent. Cover all nearby windows and aluminum with plastic sheeting and plastic tape. Also, protect vegetation. Concrete Bond & Clean turns foliage brown on contact, and if drawn up through plants roots, it dehydrates and can kill them. Cover plants with plastic sheeting to keep concentrated Concrete Bond & Clean off foliage, and protect roots by either containing the rinse or trenching it away.
DO NOT USE ON PREVIOUSLY SEALED CONCRETE WITHOUT STRIPPING OFF THE OLD SEAL.
- Do the Patch Test on a small inconspicuous area to confirm compatibility and to determine how long you need to let Concrete Bond & Clean soak to achieve the appearance that you like. Apply the product to the entire area needing cleaning. Greasy/oily concrete requires brush agitation of Concrete Bond & CleanTM. Use a deck brush to agitate the surface and allow Concrete Bond & Clean to get down into the pores of the floor. Soiled/dirty concrete does not require brushing! The soaking time is usually between 30 - 60 minutes, but you must determine it by yourself by observation of your surfaces. Only then, once you have established that Concrete Bond & Clean is suitable for you, and you know how long you need to have it soaking proceed with the entire job area.
- Brush, roll or spray CONCRETE BOND & CLEANTM on to a dry surface, thoroughly wetting it.
- Allow Concrete Bond & Clean enough time to work, leaving it on as long as your Patch Test determined.
- Rinse the loosened grime from the surface with clean water. Pressure washer is usually the easiest and the most convenient way to do this work.
- Allow the cleaned concrete to dry out thoroughly about 24 hours before sealing with Skid Safe Water Based Sealer/Finish and Aggregate to ensure that moisture is not trapped below the surface. Spraying on Concrete Bond & Clean: Avoid wind drifts and soak the cleaned surface well. A pump up sprayer or low pressure electric prep pump (50 to 60 psi), outfitted with a saturation nozzle (fan shaped spray) works best for this operation. Do not run CConcrete Bond & Clean downstream through a pressure washer, because this dilutes it nor by applying it with a low-pressure airless sprayer, because they atomize solutions.
TOOLS TO USE: A power-painting roller can be an ideal way to apply Concrete Bond & Clean on walks, driveways, patios, plazas or other large flat areas. Units, fitted with large commercial size rollers and mounted on extension handles, allow users to rapidly apply material while completely eliminating overspray.
LIMITATIONS: Though Concrete Bond & Clean cleans virtually anything, which affects the appearance of concrete, it is not designed to remove graffiti or strip paint, nor does it remove hardened crusts and some types of staining which occur on masonry.
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS: Wear rubber gloves and safety goggles, when handling Concrete Bond & Clean. Ventilate enclosed areas. If Concrete Bond & Clean gets on skin or into eyes, rinse immediately with water. See Material Safety Data Sheet for more detailed hazard evaluation and safety information. Concrete Bond & Clean is readily biodegradable and releases no V.O.C.s. When used properly, it poses no threat to the environment. Dispose of all wastes safely according to federal, state and local regulations.
FIRST AID: Rinse eyes thoroughly for 15 minutes and seek medical attention. Rinse skin thoroughly with running water. If ingested drink large amounts of water or milk, DO NOT INDUCE VOMITING, and seek medical attention.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:The user accepts full responsibility and risk in testing this product for the particular application. In no event shall 6768777 MANITOBA LTD. be liable for consequential or incidental damages exceeding the cost of this product.
NOTICE: Do not store or use this product below 7° C (45° F)! If this product is below 7° C (45° F) , reheat before use and only use it when the temperature is over 45° F.