Skid Safe is a water based sealer which contains an extremely high skid resistance component. Proven benefits over many years of use in North America and abroad, skid safe is a unique and superior technological breakthrough in safety floor treatments.
Skid Safe can be applied on virtually every floor surface to drastically reduce slip and fall hazards. Patios, walkways and driveways, swimming pool surrounds, locker rooms, gyms, kitchen, bathrooms, ramps, docks, decks, stairs and more.
Skid safe works extremely well on surfaces such as stamped concrete, tile floors, patio stones, wood and composite decking, hardwood flooring, granite, marble, terra cotta, slate, etc
- Extremely High Skid Resistance
- Does not change the look of the floor - Dries clear and glossy
- Exceptional durability, does not require stripping for 5+ tears
- Easy application, fast drying: 30-60 minutes between coats
- Waterproofs, Stainproof (urine, oil, coffee, food, gas and many other chemicals)
- Does not yellow, peel, flake, crack, nor chip
- Water based, very low VOC: Only 19.6 g/l per California VOC Regulations
- Warranted for 5 years
Use Skid Safe on these surfaces:
- Hard Floor Surfaces: Slippery ceramic tiles, masonry, concrete, driveways, stairs, garage floors, marble, granite, terrazzo, terra cotta, slate, cement, stone, enamel, limestone, etc.
- Soft Floor Coverings: Slippery Vinyl tiles, VCTs, linoleum, plastic, fiberglass and rubber floor surfaces
- Wood: All slick hardwood floors and stairs, natural, stained, varnished, epoxied, lacquered, urethaned, painted woods and all laminates
- Metal: All slippery metal floors
- Paint: All slippery painted floors
- Other Finishes and Sealers: Use SKID SAFE on slippery floors sealed with epoxies, urethanes and other finishes
How much product do you need?
To create a slip resistant surface on a non porous floor material such as porcelain, ceramic tiles, metal, currently sealed flooring or fiberglass, apply 4 separate coats according to our directions. The approximate coverage for all 4 applied coats is about 400 sq.ft. per gallon. Divide your floor sq.ft. area by 400 to show the amount of Skid Safe Water Based Sealer/Finish that you need
For porous surfaces such as concrete (un-sealed), quarry tile, brick, wood, masonry and porous paint: You need to apply 6 separate coats according to our directions. The approximate coverage for all 6 applied coats is about 170 sq.ft. per gallon. Divide your floor sq.ft. area by 170 to show the amount of gallons of SKID SAFE Water Based Sealer/Finish that you need. Divide your floor sq.ft. area by 160 to show the amount of lbs. of Aggregate needed.
Skid Safe is a slip resistant finish. For a complete no slip surface, use Skid Safe in conjunction with our Aggragete which creates a rought surface with true traction. Maximum protection against slips and falls